Below is a list of flexible working recruiters – recruitment organisations focusing on hiring for roles with flexible working arrangements.
We often get asked for such a list – and here it is! As more employers realise that both men and women seek and value opportunities for flexible working, the number of specialised recruiters grows.
Flexible working arrangements are many and varied, including:
- part-time hours
- compressed hours
- working from home
- term-time only
- lack of specific working hours
- fixed term
Recruitment Consultants specialising in flexible working arrangements
- Flexible Minds – for roles in Birmingham and across the West Midlands
- Juggle Jobs
- 923 Jobs
- 2 to 3 days
- Attune Jobs – flexible roles across all business functions within law and professional services firms
- The Civil Service – most jobs are advertised as being open to part time/flexible working
- The Oakleaf Partnership – specialises in HR roles
- Ten2Two – covers the South of England
- Mumsnet Jobs
- Capability Jane
- Hurston Eliot – for roles in Law, Finance, Marketing & Strategy
- Simply Mums
- Remote.co – a US job board, with many roles open to UK candidates as roles advertised are for remote workers (i.e. people who are happy to work from home)
- The Return Hub– for returning financial services professionals who have been on a career break
- Women Returners – specialising in returnship programmes some of which may have flexible terms
- Daisy-Chain – mum-employer matching service
- Flexible Working for Mums Like Me (Dads Welcome)– Katy Fridman’s FB group matching talent with flexible opportunities
- Career Juice – specialising in opportunities in the Northamptonshire & Cambridgeshire area
- Doyenne Network – flexible working platform matching women with mid-senior positions
- Trapeze HR – specialising in flexible HR roles
A huge thank you to our friend, Fay Wallis, for initiating this list. However it is by no means exhaustive nor has it been quality checked – we are providing it as a resource to help you get started or to enhance your job hunting process – if you are aware of other organisations that should be on this list, please drop a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
And don’t forget that the Career-Mums team offer affordable, individual coaching to help you work out what arrangements will work best for you and how to secure these as well as helping you navigate other career/working parent related challenges and opportunities. Remember that not all job vacancies are advertised – here are some of our tips for securing part-time work.
Career-Mums’ sister company, CM Talent, works with employers to help them attract, retain and develop gender-diverse teams to close the UK’s gender pay gap. This includes supporting employers to embrace flexible working through adopting a smart working ethos, devising and supporting returner initiatives and maternity and paternity coaching.
If you are looking for regular career inspiration and support in being a working parent or a parent on a career break, do sign up for our Career- Mums Weekly Boost direct to your inbox every Thursday.