Return To Work
Are you struggling to return to work after a career break?
Would you like personal support from someone who totally gets your unique situation to help you figure out what you want to do and help you on your way to securing your ideal work – whether through employment, retraining or starting a business venture – and for you to make a confident, successful return to work that works for you alongside your family responsibilities and life priorities?
If so, you need our Relaunch Your Career Coaching programme.
You’ll get personal coaching sessions (usually via Zoom – so your location is no problem) to help you successfully navigate your return to work PLUS resources and follow-up to help you work out what you want, overcome any barriers and prepare for a confident return.
Whether your break from work has been for months or years, whether you’ve taken time out to raise young children, support your children through school, look after elderly or sick relatives or taken time out for yourself, it can feel daunting and overwhelming to get back to work.
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAMME COST?
As a non-profit making social enterprise we keep our charges as low as we can, certainly lower than career coaches. The Programme is an investment in your future and we find that clients using our services find their ideal work and start earning much quicker than other returners.
To book your Programme click the button below to take you through to schedule your first session and take payment for the Programme – and if you would prefer to speak to us first book the introductory call.
OUR RELAUNCH YOUR CAREER COACHING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IF YOU’RE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE:
- struggling to know where to start to find a new role
- not sure what you want to do next
- feel employers are not going to take the gap on your cv seriously
- in need of a confidence boost
- unsure how to explain your squiggly or perhaps unconventional work history
- procrastinating or making excuses
- struggling with knock-backs or rejection due to not getting shortlisted or a job offer
- wanting to explore your possible return to work options
- feeling out of the loop and distant from the jobs market
- feeling alone and would like a friendly expert to guide you who’s got your back.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR RELAUNCH YOUR CAREER COACHING PROGRAMME
- 3 x hour-long confidential coaching sessions (usually via Zoom) with a dedicated Career-Mums coach
- Follow-up summaries of the key points covered and additional resources via email
- At the beginning we will establish with you what you are specifically looking to achieve from the coaching programme and create your achievable relaunch your career plan
- Each session is tailored towards meeting your specific plan – offering both practical and emotional support as we help to resource you to work through any challenges you are experiencing
- At the end of each session you will feel resourceful and ready to attack any agreed actions ahead of the next session
- Sessions tend to be held weekly or fortnightly – or even sometimes monthly – to suit your needs and timescales
- Coaching conversations tend to offer a balance between being supportive and gently challenging you to overcome any barriers that may get in the way and giving you practical ways to break these down
- Each coaching session is unique – and that is the power of coaching: to have someone along side you focused on helping you achieve your plan and your success
- On booking a Programme you’ll receive a confirmation email of the date & time of the first session and a Zoom link
- If you’d like to talk through whether our coaching programme is for you, simply book a no-obligations introductory call where we can explore together whether it is the right option for you at this time
- By the end of the Programme you should expect to have made significant progress towards achieving your plan and be clear about your next steps to take
“I contacted Career-Mums when I learned about the work they do. I had a successful career in mortgage and interior design but had 3 kids and life took over and I ended up staying home and caring for them. In fact, my career break was over a decade.
Working with Career-Mums has helped me to think about my volunteer work and my organisation skills I had built up over the years, this gave me the confidence I needed to apply for work and go for interviews after such a long time. I now reflect and know this is where I should have been aiming for all this time. I’m happy to report that their support worked and I am now in the job I wanted! I can’t say enough about how wonderful Career-Mums has helped me and I urge you to get in touch to do the same.”
Charlotte – mum of 3
11 yr career break, now working as a Project Manager for a Design company
Latest return to work posts
We’ve recently supported a coaching client prepare for job interviews, corona-style, and here’s a summary of my top tips to help you prepare for a remote job interview. Since the coronavirus outbreak started, we’ve quickly had to adjust to new ways of working and...
Here is a list of organisations offering help, support and resources for parents with links to access. Note services have been validated by Career-Mums. Parent support organisations Dad Info gives advice for parents from a dad’s perspective, including articles and...