FAMILY CARE LEAVE
ARE YOU TAKING MATERNITY, PATERNITY OR ADOPTION LEAVE AND FIGURING OUT HOW TO CONTINUE IN YOUR CAREER AS A PARENT?
Would you like personal support from an experienced coach who can help you navigate a successful return to work whilst adjust to becoming a working parent?
Maternity, paternity, shared parental and adoption leave – we use the umbrella term, Family Care Leave – can be a joyful yet challenging and overwhelming time as you welcome a new member of your family.
We know you’ve worked hard to forge a great career and work history and now your priorities have changed. You may still have the same career aspirations but there’s one or more little people to consider in the mix.
If you’re struggling to work out how to make your return to work happen smoothly, or you’d just like expert support at this time, you need our Family Care Leave Coaching programme.
Our Family Care Leave coaching gives you access to a coach who is experienced in supporting new parents in their careers and family life. We want you to thrive as a family and for you to continue in your career on your terms.
Coaching sessions can be taken at any time around your period of leave – before your leave starts, during leave and/or on your return to work. It’s quite common for lots of changes to take place at work or at home in such a period of time. We also know how many women (in particular) struggle in their careers, face discrimination by their employers and feel unsupported whilst going through maternity leave.
Sessions take place via Zoom – so your location is no problem and are tailored to your specific unique situation to help you successfully work out a plan to make smooth transitions, give you the resources and motivation to put it into action.
HOW MUCH DOES THE PROGRAMME COST?
As a non-profit making social enterprise we keep our charges as low as we can, certainly lower than career coaches. The Programme is an investment in your future and we find that clients using our services find their ideal work and start earning much quicker than other returners.
To book your Programme click the button below to take you through to schedule your first session and take payment for the Programme – and if you would prefer to speak to us first book the introductory call.
OUR FAMILY CARE LEAVE COACHING IS SUITABLE FOR YOU IF YOU’RE EXPERIENCING ANY OF THESE:
- unsure how to make it all work when you return to work from leave
- feeling parent guilt at the prospect of returning to work
- desiring a smooth return to work
- struggling with relationships at home or work
- dealing with poor mental health or post-natal depression
- anxiety around your future career development
- being in need of a confidence boost to become a working parent
- feeling as though you are spinning too many plates
- procrastinating or making excuses around making big decisions
- lacking confidence for your return to work
- struggling with getting your own needs met at home or work
- feeling frustrated at the lack of time for yourself
- feeling unsupported by your employer
- struggling to request flexible working arrangements
- unsure how to negotiate sharing out the workload at home
- concerns about settling your little one into childcare
- having a desire to be a better working parent
- feeling alone and would like a friendly expert to guide you who’s got your back.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM OUR FAMILY CARE LEAVE COACHING PROGRAMME
- 3 x hour-long confidential coaching sessions (usually via Zoom) with a dedicated Career-Mums coach
- Follow-up summaries of the key points covered and additional resources via email
- At the beginning we will establish with you what you are specifically looking to achieve from the coaching programme and create a plan
- Each session is tailored towards meeting your specific plan – offering both practical and emotional support as we help to resource you to work through any challenges you are experiencing
- At the end of each session you will feel resourceful and ready to attack any agreed actions ahead of the next session
- Sessions tend to be held weekly or fortnightly – or even sometimes monthly – to suit your needs and timescales
- Coaching conversations tend to offer a balance between being supportive and gently challenging you to overcome any barriers that may get in the way and giving you practical ways to break these down
- Each coaching session is unique – and that is the power of coaching: to have someone alongside you focused on helping you achieve your plan and your success
- On booking a Programme you’ll receive a confirmation email of the date & time of the first session and a Zoom link
- If you’d like to talk through whether our coaching programme is for you, simply book a no-obligations introductory call where we can explore together whether it is the right option for you at this time
- By the end of the Programme you should expect to have made significant progress towards achieving your plan and be clear about your next steps to take
If your employer is interested in supporting employees through maternity, paternity, shared parental leave or adoption leave in the workplace ask them to get in touch with our sister business, CM Talent.
“Excellent support from my coach as I got ready to go back to work towards the end of my maternity leave. I was feeling unprepared, concerned about lots of changes in my team whilst I’ve been away and anxious about my son settling into nursery. It was invaluable to have someone who understood what I was going through and was able to help me put things in place to make me feel calmer, feel better about my son going to nursery, getting rid of my guilt and ways to manage my return with my manager and colleagues. I’ve been able to talk to my partner about making it work better for all of us giving me a huge sense of relief. I would highly recommend this coaching to new mums working out how to get back to work”
Ravi – mum of one
Latest blog posts
We’ve recently supported a coaching client prepare for job interviews, corona-style, and here’s a summary of my top tips to help you prepare for a remote job interview. Since the coronavirus outbreak started, we’ve quickly had to adjust to new ways of working and...
Here is a list of organisations offering help, support and resources for parents with links to access. Note services have been validated by Career-Mums. Parent support organisations Dad Info gives advice for parents from a dad’s perspective, including articles and...