We are the return to work experts
Career-Mums is a social enterprise providing support to parents returning to work following a career break and our sister business, CM Talent, works with employers to promote smooth transitions.
We know that returning to work after a break – however long – can be a daunting prospect, whether it is a short maternity leave or a longer career break. Many women report that they lack confidence, feel guilty and are unsure of which path to take or where to start.
The main drivers for relaunching your career include:
- Regain professional identity
- Intellectual stimulation
- “Empty nest” syndrome
- Be a role model for children
- Self fulfilment
Some women returners go back to a similar role to the one they held before. But many women find this is an ideal time to launch a new career, either by retraining or becoming their own boss.
However, it’s not as simple as applying for the first job advert you see, as there are many things to take into consideration. Family responsibilities may mean that you’re no longer able to manage a similar work pattern to pre-children, so finding an ideal work scenario that fits around your family is important. Many employers offer flexible working arrangements, so it’s useful to know more about what’s on offer to find the best fit for your personal circumstances.
So when’s the right time to return to work? This is something that only you can answer. Some women returners relaunch successful careers after having a 20-year career break; other women like to return to work after a short period of maternity leave. Either way, most women will benefit from having a supported approach to their return.
We want you to relaunch a fulfilling career that works for you and your family.
Ways in which we can help you:
- Join our free Facebook Group, Career-Mums Club for regular support and inspiration
- Sign up for our Career-Mums Weekly Boost – direct to your inbox every Thursday
- Relaunch your Career Coaching individual coaching for tailored, expert support – our standard package consists of 3 x 1 hour coaching sessions by telephone or videoconference
- Career Coaching individual coaching for career changes, transitions and stepping up in your career
- Working Parents Coaching for individuals wanting support with juggling career and family responsibilities
- Confidence Booster one-off coaching session for when you need that extra bit of preparation and inspiration – great for getting ready for an interview or presentation
Career-Mums is a social enterprise, reinvesting to support more women to achieve their work aspirations.
Our sister business, CM Talent, works with employers to help them attract, retain and develop more gender-diverse teams and more women leaders.